OCTOPUS SCHEME RULES
Gift of Kit and Octopus Energy have devised a scheme where clubs can earn rewards when individuals associated with the club switch home energy supplier to Octopus Energy.
These are the terms and conditions (“Rules”) that apply to Octopus Gift of Kit scheme (“Scheme”). By entering the Scheme, each entrant agrees to these Rules and confirms they have read and understood the Kit for Sport Privacy Notice at https://app.termly.io/document/privacy-policy/72f589ac-4223-43e6-85bb-ae289963e6e3.
- Scheme Promoter: Kit for Sport Limited (trading as Gift of Kit), a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with registered company number 10425917 and registered office address at Unit 7, Manor Stables, West Street, Great Somerford, Wiltshire, SN15 5EH.
- The scheme opens for entry at 12:01 am (UK time) on 05/05/2021 and closes at 11:59 pm (UK time) on 31/12/2021 (“Entry Period”).
a) To participate in the Promotion, entrants must be a legal resident of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Residents of the Republic of Ireland are excluded.
b) Individuals applying must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
c) A limit of one (1) entry per person applies to this Promotion.
d) No purchase is necessary to apply.
e) No purchase is necessary to apply.
f) Gift of Kit reserves the right at any time to require proof of eligibility in such form as Gift of Kit reasonably considers necessary.
g) Club postcode must be within 20 miles of The Octopus Energy Brighton offices. Postcode BN1 3XJ
4. Not eligible: The following persons are not eligible to enter the Promotion: (i) any employee or other individual engaged by Octopus Energy or any of its associated companies; (ii) members of the immediate family and/or household (whether related or not) of any of those individuals; and (iii) anyone else professionally involved with the operation or administration of the Promotion.
5. How to apply: To apply for the scheme, entrants must complete the following steps during the Application Period
a) Register for the Gift of Kit Sponsorship Alliance
b) Complete the schemes registration fields within your account.
c) Existing Sponsorship Alliance members can complete the schemes registration fields in their account.
Clubs will earn one hundred (100) kit points per switch completed. All switches are subject to the Octopus Energy policies which can be seen here : https://octopus.energy/policies/
There are two (2) rewards available to earn in this scheme. Reward one (1) consists of a set of Sixteen (16) PUMA football shirts. Reward two (2 ) consists of a set of Sixteen (16) PUMA football shirts, sixteen (16) PUMA shorts and Sixteen (16) pairs of PUMA socks.
- Clubs can access rewards by accruing kit points
- 100 kit points accrued per switch to Octopus Energy.
8. Reward conditions
The following conditions apply to the reward:
a) Each reward is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available.
b) Each reward is subject to Octopus Energy Terms and Conditions and Puma Teamwear Terms and Conditions https://www.pumateamwear.com/terms-conditions/
9. Club Selection: All eligible applications will be entered into a series of random draws.
10. Club notification: The selected clubs will be notified using any of the contact details provided at the time of entry on. Kit for Sport will make reasonable efforts to contact the selected clubs, but it is the winner’s responsibility to monitor their voicemail and email account, including any junk mail folder, for receipt of the notification.
11. Publicity: By entering this scheme, each entrant agrees that in the event of participation, the entrant and nominated individual will take part in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion if requested and that Gift of Kit and Octopus Energy are entitled (but not obliged) to use the clubs name and image in connection with such publicity. Each entrant agrees that Gift of Kit and Octopus Energy may share, publish or promote any image, video, text or other content submitted or uploaded to any website in connection with this Promotion on its corporate website, blogs or its Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account.
12. Liability: Kit For Sport Limited will not be liable for: (i) any loss that is not caused by Kit For Sport Limited (or any person acting on Kit For Sport Limited behalf); (ii) any loss caused by any event or circumstance beyond Kit For Sport Limited reasonable control; (iii) any loss of profits or revenue, loss of anticipated savings or loss of goodwill; or (iv) any unavailability of the Kit For Sport Limited website or app. However, nothing in these Rules limits or excludes any person’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or for any matter for which it would be illegal to limit or exclude liability. In particular, consumers have legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described and services which are not performed with reasonable care and skill and these legal rights are in addition to and are not affected in any way by anything contained in these Rules. Further advice about consumer rights is available from any local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) or local Trading Standards office (https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office).]
13. No Endorsement: This scheme is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (“Social Networks”) or any other third party. Access to Social Networks is at all times subject to the relevant Social Network’s rules, terms and policies. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Social Networks and any other social networking platform on which the Promotion is communicated shall have no liability to any person in connection with or arising out of the Promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, damages and other liabilities.
14. Interference with the scheme: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the content or legitimate operation of this scheme is prohibited and may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and in these circumstances Kit For Sport Limited reserves all its rights and remedies.
15. Cancellation and variation: Kit For Sport Limited reserves the right to vary, suspend or cancel the scheme and/or these Rules if it considers it necessary or appropriate to do so, including if there is any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or if variation, suspension or cancellation is necessary due to an event outside Kit For Sport Limited reasonable control. In the event of cancellation, the rewards may be awarded to winners drawn from entries received prior to cancellation.
16. Disqualification: Without limiting the options available to Kit For Sport Limited, Kit For Sport Limited the right at any time to disqualify entries or entrants that Kit For Sport Limited regards as being in breach of these Rules, any applicable laws, any terms and conditions referred to in these Rules or the spirit of the scheme.
17. Personal data: Entrants acknowledge that any personal data of entrants processed in connection with this Promotion will be processed in accordance with the Kit for Sport Privacy Notice at https://app.termly.io/document/privacy-policy/72f589ac-4223-43e6-85bb-ae289963e6e3. In particular:
a) Kit For Sport is the controller in respect of entrants’ personal data obtained in connection with the Promotion.
b) Kit For Sport will collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Website (such as by posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise when you contact us.
c) We use the information we collect or receive:
Fulfil and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Website.
Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
d) Kit For Sport will retain entrants’ personal data for as long as it is required for the purposes described in these Rules and Kit for Sport’s Privacy Notice.
e) Entrants have certain rights in relation to their personal data, including: (i) to obtain copies of it; (ii) to have it corrected or deleted; (iii) to limit the way in which it is used; (iv) to object to its use; (v) to transfer it; (vi) not to be subject to decisions based on automated processing (including profiling); and (vii) to complain to the regulator, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Entrants can find out how to raise concerns with the regulator on its website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling its helpline on 0303 123 1113. For more information about data subject rights, please see Kit for Sport’s Privacy Notice. Please note that many data subject rights are not absolute and the extent to which they apply may vary depending on the circumstances and any exemptions that may apply.
18. No personal information shall be shared with Octopus Energy.